cm111 2016-11-29 Tuesday overview
- Homework 8 Build a Shiny app should be submitted, if you are doing it, because today I will inspect the issues to determine who did it and deal with peer review.
- Homework 9 Build your own R package is due next Monday, December 5, if you do it.
- Homework 10 Get data from the web is due the following Friday, December 9, if you do it, because we need to finalize marks.
- For the homework, I’ll offer lots of prompts, including what you see in last year’s version, so you can choose to work with a wrapped or unwrapped API or webscraping.
- This week is about accessing data from the web from R. In class, we’ll be mostly following materials prepared by Karthik Ram and Scott Chamberlain (rOpenSci) and Garrett Grolemund (Rstudio):